The tones of a top studio. The simplicity of a stompbox.
FX is a healthy addiction. Sure, you might start out with a dash of drive, but pretty soon you’ll be chasing sounds your setup can’t deliver. If you just want another stopgap FX pedal, move along. But if you want a keeper, invest in the new Boss ME-80. Raising the spec of the Boss ME-70, and taking key features from the flagship Boss GT-100, it’s as tone-packed as a top studio, but as easy to operate as a stompbox.
Think of a box and the Boss ME-80 ticks it. Under the bonnet, an array of ultra-realistic COSM amp models replicate the coolest amps in history, and pro Boss effects are ready to give your songs wings. On the dashboard, a pedalboard-style layout of gig-friendly footswitches, intuitive controls and expression pedal let you bring the noise fast and shape it in real-time.
Live guitarists will lap up the Boss ME-80, but so too will production boffins, thanks to free Boss Tone Studio software that allows deep editing on your computer, and gives a web connection to the gig-ready patches and endless guitar content at Boss Tone Central. There’s a new Boss in town.
– Compact and powerful floor multi-effects with simple knob-based interface
– Eight simultaneous effects categories, each with multiple effects types
– Dial up tones with the ease of using your favourite stompboxes
– Includes a massive selection of top-quality effects, from classic Boss stomps to the latest MDP effects
– Updated flagship-level COSM amps derived from the GT-100
– Eight multi-function footswitches and expression pedal
– Manual mode for stompbox-style on/off; Memory mode for switching complete patch setups
– Delay section includes Phrase Loop function with 38 seconds of recording
– Runs on six AA batteries or optional PSA-series AC adapter
– USB audio/MIDI interface built in
– Free Boss Tone Studio software allows you to edit and organise tones on your computer, and also preview and download free patches directly from the Boss Tone Central website